Clinical Nurse Specialist - Urology Perioperative Services
Job no: 494072
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Urology
- Permanent Full time / Part-time
- Leading health care provider
- Full time salary (before penalties/allowances) - $91806 per annum
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Urology Nurse to advance to a Clinical Nurse Specialist role. As the Clinical Nurse Specialist - Urology, you will have the opportunity to be active in a leadership role, including the development and provision of evidence-based clinical nursing, while working and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. The opportunity also allows you to act as a clinical expert, professional role model and change agent to promote practice development and quality initiatives that promote the delivery of safe, efficient and high-quality customer service.
You will have exceptional customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum 5 years’ Scrub/Scout experience and demonstrated competence in Urology cases
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Present sound clinical knowledge of perioperative practices and procedures
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or working towards
- Experience as a resource and mentor to others in the relation to clinical practice
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who would like to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Applications close:4 August 2019
Maddison Bahnert – Perioperative Services Manager
Phone: 02 42861214
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend