Joondalup Health Campus is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist / Senior Occupational Therapist to join our team and work within a casual capacity.
About the Role
As an Occupational Therapist you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient professional services to patients and customers of the Hospital. This will include developing client focused, occupationally based treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the patient and ensuring this is delivered within the team’s goals and constraints. In this position, you will be working within an acute health care setting, working across a range of areas that include General Medical, Rehabilitation, Orthopaedics, Surgical, Hand and Upper Limb, Emergency Department, Home Visiting and Outpatient services.
Working collaboratively and cooperatively within a friendly and respectful team, you will provide support the Occupational Therapy Management team.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate a strong work ethic, and commitment to uphold and promote Ramsay Health Care’s core values.
- Post-graduate experience in a variety of relevant acute clinical areas
- Demonstrated experience in delivering assessment and evidence based interventions within an acute hospital setting
- Demonstrated skill in working as a member of a team and liaising, collaborating and negotiating with other service providers and agencies, patient’s families and carers
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence based practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise your own caseload to meet the needs of a highly productive service
- A variety of shifts that will offer the flexibility to choose those that best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Opportunities to develop yourself within the role
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Joondalup Health Campus offers outstanding facilities and benefits including education, friendly, informative after hours support, onsite and online library facilities.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include public and private Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, public and private Restorative Units, Day Therapy and public and private Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV, Cover Letter and selection criteria addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a current Working With Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Melanie Hutchison (HutchisonM@ramsayhealth.com.au) or Nicole Manganaro (ManganaroN@ramsayhealth.com.au) on 08 9400 9431.
Close Date: 23 October 2019