An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and motivated Simulation Coordinator to join our Training and Development team at Joondalup Health Campus.
Working 38 hours per fortnight, this is a maximum term part-time position over a two year period.
About the Role
As a Simulation Coordinator you will be responsible for liaising with the various department educators to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of simulation based programs and will be required to teach/facilitate diverse inter-professional groups. We are looking for a Simulation Coordinator who thrives in working within a multidisciplinary team and will be committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values.
Working within a respectful and supportive environment, you will report to the Training and Development Manager.
To succeed in this role you will have the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required. Your effective communication skills, ability to exercise initiative and good judgement, and your ability to meet deadlines, establish priorities and work under pressure with a commitment to quality outcomes, are all critical in this role.
You will also bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Previous relevant workplace experience within the health discipline
- Knowledge and expertise in the use and maintenance of Simulation equipment
- Experience with high-fidelity simulation and clinical skills training methods in health professional education
- Ability to undertake physical tasks essential to the operation of the facility (e.g. moving clinical equipment and supplies, including being able to lift weights not in excess of 25kgs)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Competent keyboard and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Joondalup Health Campus offers outstanding facilities and benefits including education, friendly, informative after hours support, onsite and online library facilities, free uniforms and vacation care for primary school children.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include public and private Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, public and private Restorative Units, Day Therapy and public and private Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working With Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Gillian Reid, Training and Development Manager, on 08 9400 9387 or via email: ReidG@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 1 October 2019