Patient Administration Officer
Job no: 506665
Work type: Casual
Location: Nambour Selangor Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
About us & the Role
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Nambour Selangor Private Hospital is located in the central Sunshine Coast hinterland. The hospital is an 81-bed facility providing a wide range of health services including Surgical services, Respiratory, Renal, Palliative Care, Oncology, Rehabilitation and General Medicine.
We are seeking applicants who have an interest in working as a Patient Administration Officer. The successful applicant will be based at the Front Office Reception area with the expectation that they will undertake administrative duties within other areas of Nambour Selangor Private Hospital, as well as SCUPH and Noosa Private Hospital as required, to meet the needs of the business.
This is a casual role therefore an ability to cover a multitude of days/shifts will be essential.
- Experience in previous hospital or similar administration role
- Be passionate, engaging and focused on providing exceptional customer service and sensitivity to patient & family needs
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete tasks within a designated timeframe
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft programs and Patient Management software
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide timely and accurate information in response to queries by patients, visitors and other customers;
- Perform patient admission and discharge processes efficiently;
- Accurate and timely completion and scanning of documentation;
- Perform and interpret Health Fund eligibility checks and collect payments;
- Provide effective management of incoming calls to the hospital;
- Other duties as required.
If you believe you have the qualities, we are looking for please apply using the links within this advertisement. Applications should include a cover letter addressing the essential requirements, a copy of your current resume and 2 available professional referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For any queries relating to the position, please email your query to the email address below.
Front Office Manager
Nambour Selangor Private Hospital
Closing date: 23 October 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend