- Multiple casual opportunities to join our Nursing Pool
- Provide support and assistance across a wide range of departments
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
Joondalup Health Campus (JHC), one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia, is seeking Nursing Assistants to join our nursing pool. JHC offers a wide range of services and is equipped with some of the most advanced medical, surgical and diagnostic technology, which assists in providing the very best care to our patients.
As a Nursing Assistant, you will be joining our Nursing Pool and working across our wide range of departments to provide support and assistance to our dedicated teams where needed. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Supporting health care professionals and undertaking the duties of assisting patients with activities of daily living by attending to their hygiene, feeding, mouth and denture care, nutritional needs, skin care, patient exercise and mobilisation;
- Caring for patients whilst ensuring the maintenance of their security, modesty and self-esteem; and
- Observing and promptly reporting changes in patient conditions or patients’ needs and enquiries to the Registered Nurse/Clinical Nurse Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will assist in effectively working in a team environment and maintaining positive relationships with staff, patients and families.
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistant OR Certificate III in Care Support Services OR Certificate III in Aged Care OR Undergraduate nursing student (Year 2 or 3)
- 6 months’ experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively according to directions
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Certificate IV in Health Services
- Experience working in an acute care setting
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Lisa Hartnett, Staffing CoOrdinator
Close Date: Sunday, 1 November 2020 at 11.55 pm.