Job no: 507205
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - QLD Metropolitan, Corporate Services - VIC Metropolitan, Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Procurement/Contract Management
- Australia’s largest Private Health Care Provider
- Exciting career opportunity
- Flexible location
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has more than 50 years of experience in providing acute health care services. Today, the Company delivers a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world.
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest private hospital operator and is well-respected in the health care industry due to its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way - "People Caring for People" and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture. These features help to attract leading health care practitioners to work within our facilities.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the effective management of a portfolio of Ramsay Health Care health fund contracts, encompassing a variety of challenging and complex tasks. The successful applicant will actively participate in operationalising contracts, the departmental planning process and supporting the Contract Management team through management and delivery of key strategic and operational projects.
Additionally, the position will:
- Manage and support the day to day operational activities required for the effective negotiation, implementation and management of the health fund contracts
- Effectively engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to prepare for, and lead negotiations whilst managing the negotiation process
- Develop innovative funding models that ameliorate risk and leverage new market opportunities
- Successfully implement contracts including the preparation and delivery of education and training for Ramsay Health Care sites
- Develop internal mechanisms to support contract implementation including compliance requirements for ongoing maintenance
- Develop risk and issue management processes to identify and manage risks for the duration of the contract term
- Meet deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with all key stakeholders regarding contractual issues
- Develop and maintain contract documents, amendments and other correspondence
- Identify continuous improvement and innovation opportunities in processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with stakeholders and suppliers including liaising with health funds, executive managers, hospital managers and staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a contract management role
- Previous experience negotiating/managing private health insurance contracts
- Demonstrated high level verbal, written and interpersonal skills at all levels within an organisation, including with external stakeholders
- A demonstrated understanding of health care models (including their benefits, limitations, and risks), and operationalisation of chosen models, preferably in the private health care sector
- The ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- A sound understanding of hospital operations, private health insurance and the health landscape
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, health information management or related discipline
This is an important role that offers challenge, variety and long-term career prospects for the right person. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's experience and qualifications.
To discuss this opportunity and request a copy of the Position Description, please email HREnquiries.RHC@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Please click on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a detailed CV, cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and position deliverables within the Position Description, and two work-related referees.
Applications close: Friday, 30 October 2020.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend