Job no: 512468
Work type: Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse to join the hospital’s surgical ward on a Permanent part time basis.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced nurse with the suitable skills and competence to provide leadership and support across the surgical ward. As the Clinical Nurse, you will be required to act as a positive role model and demonstrate highly developed clinical and problem-solving skills, ensuring quality and safety at all times.
In this role you will work closely with the Nurse Unit Manager to ensure the department is safe, effective, and follows best practice.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working with a hospital setting. Your ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes, and your well-developed planning, prioritisation and time management skills are critical for this role. Further to this, you will demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to professional practice.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 3 years of post -graduate experience in a surgical ward
- Experience in a surgical ward
- Ability to be flexible and work a rotating roster
- Understanding scope of practice
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Motivation to lead and develop quality services
- Strong communication skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
Cairns Private Hospital in tropical Cairns in far north Queensland, Australia, is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. We are committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practicing the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance choose between beachside or inner city living
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent (PRO – RATA) salary ranging from;
- $94,186 - $100,760 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level and qualifications.
How to Apply
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Deborah Cole, Nurse Unit Manager, at Colede@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 9 March 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend