Quality & Risk Manager
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Quality and Risk professional to join our team across our Melbourne Metro network of Private Hospitals.
This role will suit dynamic, organised and experienced person to manage our Quality & Risk Portfolios across our metro hospital cluster including The Avenue, Masada and Glenferrie Private Hospitals. This key Senior Management role works closely with all committees, department managers and staff to implement the organisational quality and risk management plans.
This position forms an integral part of the senior management team and works closely with the Director of Clinical Services and Chief Executive Officer. You will have the support of our Work Health and Safety Manager, Staff Development Coordinator as well as our Clinical and non-Clinical staff who hold relevant Quality Portfolios. You will be required to spend time at all the hospitals week-to-week so flexibility to travel between sites is required.
- Support and foster a culture within the organisation that embraces Quality & Safety
- Strive to continuously improve patient and business outcomes
- Manage and lead the accreditation program
- Responsible for clinical & non-clinical risk management programs
- Oversee collection, management and evaluation of clinical indicators
- Investigate and resolve clinical incidents and adverse events
- Work with managers to achieve excellence in care delivery
- Conduct audits to comply with hospital & legislative policies & procedures
- Develop & review policies, procedures, systems and services
You will hold a comprehensive knowledge of the NSQHS National accreditation standards and their application in the private health sector along with previous involvement at a senior level in preparation, coordination & participation in the accreditation process. On top of that, you will have proven experience in the development, review process and implementation of policies & procedures to ensure best safety practice supported by a strong understanding of the concepts, principles and practice of Clinical Governance, including patient safety, clinical risk, quality improvement and complaints management.
You will also bring;
- Ability to lead the quality process and work with minimal direction;
- Demonstrated ability to develop good multidisciplinary relationships & progress change management initiatives;
- Experience in incident management & investigation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to produce comprehensive reports such as business analysis and strategic direction documents;
- Experience in risk assessment and development of risk reduction strategies;
- Excellent work ethic, time management skills & the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering health and safety education;
- A nursing or allied health background would be highly regarded.
On offer is an hourly rate of $56.58 + Superannuation.
Masada Private Hospital is a fully accredited 105 bed acute medical, surgical facility with specialised dermatology, early parenting and rehabilitation services located in central Melbourne. Our philosophy is to provide a range of services which are appropriate to the needs of the community.
The Avenue is an advanced 152 bed private surgical and medical hospital located in the inner city suburb of Windsor. Our highly skilled team of nursing and medical staff take pride in delivering a distinctive private hospital experience and a quality of care that is recognised by the community and the industry nationwide.
Glenferrie Private Hospital, located centrally in Hawthorn, specialises in providing care for private short-stay patients undergoing orthopaedic and specialist surgery. We offer three cutting edge operating theatres alongside a purpose-designed day procedure unit and short stay overnight Ward.
The Hospitals are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
If you have any questions about this position, please reach out to Jeninne Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children in line with our Child Safety Commitment Statement.