Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 515426
Work type: Full time
Location: Baringa Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Rehabilitation/Medical Ward Nurse Unit Manager
Level 1- Permanent Full Time
About the Role
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and innovative Registered Nurse to be part of the management structure at Baringa Private Hospital.
The Nurse Unit Manager role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. You will be joining our Rehabilitation / Medical Ward which specialises in neuro, orthopaedic, cardiac, and general reconditioning rehabilitation, as well as acute medical and palliative care.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the Rehabilitation/Medical ward, including staff rosters and Bed Management
- Providing support to clinical staff and VMOs, ensuring that a high standard of clinical practice is maintained
- Effective management of supplies and resources
- Work Health & Safety awareness and responsibility
This is a permanent full time role and you will report to the Nurse Unit Manager, Level 2 Rehabilitation/Medical ward.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital setting with previous experience as a Clinical/Nursing Manager or as a senior Registered Nurse aspiring to step into a management role. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources along with the capacity to effectively manage bed flow within the ward. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a committed mentor.
You will also bring;
- Current Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Post graduate qualifications or at least 5 years’ experience in nursing
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to work within a diverse team
- Excellent communication and advanced interpersonal skills
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated management ability
Take this great opportunity to join Baringa Private Hospital, a Ramsay Health Care Organisation which is the largest provider of private health care in Australia and one of the top 5 healthcare providers in the world. Baringa Private Hospital is a 78 bed facility servicing the NSW North Coast and surrounding areas. Baringa Private Hospital is an acute Medical, Surgical, Rehabilitation and Mental Health facility offering a comprehensive range of specialities.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Jo Brown, Director of Clinical Services on 02 6659 4410 or email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday 1st June 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend