- Casual opportunity
- Join our respected and recognised culture known as “The Ramsay Way”
- Be a part of the largest private hospital operator in Australia
We are seeking an experienced Lymphoedema Physiotherapist to join our Ramsay Health Plus team at Hollywood Private Hospital, located in Perth.
About the role
Ramsay Health Plus is a multidisciplinary outpatient service located at Hollywood Private Hospital. The services include Physiotherapy; Occupational Therapy; Accredited Exercise Physiology; Dietetics; Speech Pathology and Social Work.
As a Lymphoedema Physiotherapist, you will work alongside our multidisciplinary team including our Clinical Lead Physiotherapist (Oncology and Lymphoedema). This is a dynamic role and will include the assessment and treatment of patients who have developed lymphoedema. This may include:
- Breast cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Gynaecological cancers
- Melanoma cancer
- Prostate cancer
You will be also involved in helping run the Lymphoedema Surveillance Clinic for patients at risk of cancer-related lymphoedema. There is also scope to provide support and management for those diagnosed with post-orthopaedic surgery oedema, lipoedema and vascular oedema.
Reporting to the Physiotherapy Manager, you will work closely with a supportive and respected multidisciplinary allied health team.
To succeed in this role, you will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required. Your demonstrated ability to efficiently manage caseload demands will also assist you in this role.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy
- Accredited Level 1 & 2 Lymphoedema Practitioner training
- Current full and unrestricted registration with Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current registration with the National Lymphoedema Practitioner Register
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in outpatient lymphoedema therapy
- Outpatient focussed continued professional development and a commitment to maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage caseload demands
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience providing support and education to junior staff
- Pilates and hydrotherapy qualifications or experience
- Evidence of Quality initiatives
- Multidisciplinary work with Accredited Exercise Physiology, Speech Pathology, Dietetics and Occupational Therapy
- Member of the APA Cancer, Palliative Care and Lymphoedema Special Interest Group
- Member of the Australasian Lymphology Association
- Pinc and Steel Cancer Rehab accreditation
Why Hollywood Private Hospital
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 800 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical, and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australians each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
Ramsay Health Care also offers:
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
Please refer enquiries only to:
Charlotte Foskett, Physiotherapy Manager
Close Date: 26th September 2021