Senior Clinical Trial Coordinator
Job no: 520606
Work type: Part time
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
- Become a part of a national clinical trials network within Ramsay Health Care
- Be a part of a dynamic research team and contribute to the establishment and development of a clinical trials unit
- Work within a health care environment that proactively seeks to conduct research that will improve patient care
About the Role
Ramsay Health Care is seeking a part-time (0.8FTE) Senior Clinical Trials Coordinator to establish and run a Clinical Trials Service at Joondalup Health Campus. The successful individual will also assume responsibility for the day-to-day management of selected clinical trials within the Hospital. The Clinical Trials Service will undertake a range of trials across several disciplines, including oncology and paediatrics, with the expectation that the unit will continue to expand and offer services to other clinical disciplines within the Hospital, both commercially-sponsored and investigator-driven.
The successful applicant will be responsible for establishing a robust clinical trial service at Joondalup Health Campus to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and policies and managing the day-to-day activities of the clinical trials that they have been assigned. These activities will include (where applicable) active patient visits, management of any AEs and SAEs associated with the trial, data entry and response to sponsor queries and management of ethics and governance activities associated with the study. The role is dynamic and challenging with significant opportunity for growth and leadership (including staff supervision), and presents an opportunity to work with a highly engaged group of doctors. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the establishment and development of a leading Clinical Trials Unit and the broader Ramsay Clinical Trials Network.
The role will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including interested clinicians, JHC Research & Ethics Department, the National Clinical Trials Network and the National Research Unit.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Registered Nurse or Allied Health Practitioner currently authorised to practice by Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency or equivalent science, health or research qualification;
- Significant experience in a clinical research or clinical trials with prior experience in the establishment of clinical trials and the negotiation and management of clinical trial budgets, the recruitment of patients and the collection and management of clinical trial data;
- High level knowledge of the relevant codes and legislation related to human research ethics, research governance and clinical trial management (eg ICH-GCP) within Australia;
- Well-developed computer software, informatics and data collection skills and understanding of the importance of data integrity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management skills and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise activities;
- Demonstrated high level conceptual and analytical skills and the capacity to show initiative, to develop solutions and ensure that each research project is successful;
- Ability to establish relationships, influence, and work in partnership with clinicians, stakeholders and employees at all levels;
- Ability to develop rapport with patients and their families in stressful situations;
- Demonstrable commitment to high professional standards in all aspects of work.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Benefits of working with us include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a current (12 months or less) National Police Check, Working With Children Check and proof of Immunisation to infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Amanda Ling, Chief Executive Officer
Close Date: 27th September 2021 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend