Senior Occupational Therapist - Stroke Services
Job no: 538303
Work type: Part time temp
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Senior Occupational Therapist
Temporary Part Time Position (12 months)
Exciting and challenging opportunities have become available for motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapists to join our team at Joondalup Health Campus.
About the Role
Our Occupational Therapists work within a supportive team of professionals, are passionate about providing the best quality care for patients and are committed to upholding and promoting the Ramsay Way core values. As a Senior Occupational Therapist on our team, you will work within the multidisciplinary team providing care to stroke patient in an out-patient capacity and offer mentorship and clinical guidance within our team.
About You (Selection Criteria)
To be successful in this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with AHPRA.
- Effectively manage and balance a busy caseload and administrative responsibilities, prioritising and delegating as appropriate within a hospital setting
- Demonstrate appropriate problem solving and clinical reasoning skills considering broader implications and longer-term impacts
- Complete comprehensive assessments and develop client centered, occupationally focused treatment goals and intervention plans in collaboration with the patient, multidisciplinary team, and consulting physician within the clinical speciality of Stroke.
- Proven ability to engage and work with internal/external stakeholders to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Ability to lead/contribute to quality initiatives/service improvement within the Occupational Therapy department and allocated portfolio.
Desirable Criteria - Demonstration of attendance at stroke specific courses and/or qualifications.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
At Joondalup Health Campus we provide specialist services for the entire family, from birth through to old age. The campus is comprised of a standalone 146-bed Joondalup Private Hospital and a co-located hospital that provides public patient services. As one of the largest hospitals in Perth’s Northern suburbs, we boast a reputation for excellence as an employer of choice and offer outstanding facilities.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Sarah Bennett, Specialist Coordinator – Stroke Services. E: Bennettsarah@ramsayhealth.com.au
Melanie Hutchison, Occupational Therapy Manager. E: HutchisonM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 19th August 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend