Patient Services Assistant
Job no: 538599
Work type: Part time
Location: The Southport Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Assistant
Patient Services Assistant
Part Time opportunity
About the Role
Southport Private Hospital provides a 44-bed rehabilitation unit, offering inpatient and day programs for orthopaedic, neurological, amputee, musculoskeletal, pain management, arthritis and pulmonary rehabilitation.
In this role, you will provide supportive care to patients and their families within the Ward. This can involve mobility support, providing meals and making them feel comfortable post-surgery. The role will also require the successful applicant to transport patients to Pindara Private Hospital for to scans and appointments, or where required, driving the hospital car. You will also be responsible for assisting the clinical team, including Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses, in the provision of services and care for patients.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager and work with a diverse team driven to exceed Ramsay’s high standard of care.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance
- "C" Class manual motor vehicle licence
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively according to directions
- High level of customer service and excellent time management skills
- Understanding of infection control principles
The Southport Private Hospital provides comprehensive mental health and rehabilitation services to the Gold Coast and wider community. Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Southport Private Hospital is located at the heart of the Gold Coast only minutes from the beach. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Caroline Van de Zande at VandeZandeC@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 20 August 2022 at 11.55pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend