Nurse Unit Manager - Anaesthetics
Job no: 494244
Work type: Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Permanent Part-time Position 72hrs/fortnight
About John Flynn Private Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, John Flynn Private Hospital is located in Tugun, on the Southern end of the Gold Coast. John Flynn Private (JFP) enjoys an established and excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. A 334 bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of health care services with a 24 hour Emergency Department, Comprehensive Cardiac Services, General & Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity & Paediatrics, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery and Rehabilitation Services. JFP employs over 1,300 staff.
John Flynn Perioperative department is expanding from 10 theatres to 12 theatres in the coming months. An opportunity exists in our expanding department for a Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead a professional Anaesthetic team. This fast paced and highly rewarding role reports to the Director of Clinical Services through the ADCS - Perioperative Services. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department to ensure improved patient outcomes. The role requires working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of staff within the department.
Key Selection Criteria
- AHPRA Registered Nurse with a background in Anaesthetic nursing
- Extensive clinical care skills within a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a perioperative anaesthetic nursing environment
- Post graduate studies in perioperative specialties desirable
- Previous experience in a management or leadership role desirable
- Competent to take charge of the unit by supervising, leading, directing and motivating staff to achieve desired outcomes
- Be professional and highly motivated with a passion for staff engagement
- Exposure to staff recruitment, training, rostering and performance management
- Demonstrates high levels of communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain effective communication networks with doctors, patients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
Ideal opportunity to join a highly respected large private hospital, a professional and engaging team, within minutes of beautiful Gold Coast beaches and the Gold Coast airport.
Please APPLY ONLINE including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a copy of your current CV. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Phone enquiries to Renae Balcke, ADCS – Perioperative Services (07) 5598 9012.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend