We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our Theatre team at Southern Highlands Private Hospital in Bowral NSW, 1½ hours west of Sydney.
There are multiple Permanent Part-Time (38 hours per fortnight) roles available for nurses with experience and training as Scrub Scouts, Recovery and Anaesthetics.
About the Role
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the successful candidate will work across the full scope of our surgical suite and will require the flexibility to work evening, weekend and on-call shifts. You will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with experience as a Scrub Scout.
Strong performers will have the opportunity to apply for more hours for in the future and successful applicants with strong experience may also have the possibility to take on Nurse Educator shifts one day a week in Theatre.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Minimum of 3 years’ Perioperative experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to plan and coordinate patient care
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent understanding of infection control principles
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Significant clinical experience in Perioperative Nursing
- Post-graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing specialities
- Computer literacy
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program and more.
About the Hospital
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital prides itself on the expertise of our doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff, as well as the high quality of our services. The Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care and customer service, staff satisfaction, and quality improvement.
About the Organisation
Ramsay Health Care has grown to become a global hospital group, delivering a range of acute and primary healthcare services from 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world. The company employs over 77,000 staff and treats 8.5 million patients in its hospitals and primary care clinics located in Australia, France, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a covering letter and detailed CV).
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Glenn Wallace on 02 4862 9433.
Applications close: Friday 22 November, 2019