Medical Records Clerk
Job no: 515467
Work type: Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
An exciting opportunity exists for a proactive Medical Records Clerk to join our team at Southern Highlands Private Hospital on a permanent part time basis!
Medical Records Clerk
About the Role
Joining our busy Medical Records team at Southern Highlands Private Hospital as a Medical Records Clerk, you will assist in all activities related to maintaining the Health Information Service in an organised and efficient manner.
Duties and responsibilities will involve, but are not limited to;
- Answering and actioning queries from internal and external customers;
- Compiling medical records of discharged patients as required;
- Filing medical records and correspondence accurately
- Seeking, locating and obtaining medical records as requested (i.e. for patients coming in, current inpatients, record requests for quality purposes and clinical needs); and
- Archiving and ‘culling’ of medical records.
To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will assist in effectively working in a team environment and maintaining positive relationships with staff, patients and families.
Successful candidates will also meet the following:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to cope with demanding situations and strict deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to respect privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrate initiative when required
- Intermediate computer knowledge / literacy
- Previous experience in a medical records department (or other clerical position within a health care setting)
- Previous experience in a private hospital setting
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
To ensure the quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors, applicants will be required to provide before commencement a National Police Check, Working with Children Clearance and proof of immunity to infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Chantelle Williams, Health Information Manager at WilliamsChantelle@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications Close: 18th May 2021 at 11.55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend