Director of Emergency Medicine
Job no: 495772
Work type: Full time
Location: Peel Health Campus
Categories: Medical Professionals
Permanent; 76 hours per fortnight
Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver real quality care, in an environment that offers career development and training? If this sounds like you then you could have an exciting future with Peel Health Campus.
Peel Health Campus is a 193 inpatient bed, acute care hospital and is dedicated to providing high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. Peel Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peel Health Campus is located in Mandurah, one hour south of Perth. For more information on the services we provide please visit www.peelhealthcampus.com.au.
We are continuing to grow to meet the needs of our community and are currently looking to appoint an individual who can meet the following requirements:
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced ED Specialist with outstanding communication and organisational skills to join an innovative medical workforce. You will be responsible for leading a busy department with an annual census of 45,000 patients per year. As the only emergency department in a demographically diverse outer metropolitan region, the department interesting and varied casemix including 25% paediatrics. You will provide specialist advice and management to clinical managers, other heads of department and medical staff. You must be passionate about developing new ideas and committed to continuous improvement. This is a hands on role and you will be required to demonstrate a high level of clinical competence and be highly motivated.
- AHPRA Registration
- Recognition as an emergency department specialist
- A postgraduate masters or doctorate degree in medical leadership or management, including a working knowledge and formal training in medical governance and professional regulation
- At least three years’ experience in a senior medical management position, with demonstrated success in clinical leadership
- Previous experience in transformation of health service delivery and systems reengineering
- A passion for and experience in digital solutions in health care
- Excellent influencing, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and mentor individuals to achieve results
- Demonstrates evidence of having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes
- Demonstrates an ability to champion quality improvement projects
- Demonstrates evidence of having worked on large scale strategic change projects
For More Information and How To Apply
Please forward a CV and cover letter specifically addressing the Selection Criteria to Dr Margaret Sturdy, DMS on 08 9531 8580 or SturdyM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Closing Date: 5pm Friday, 8 November 2019
Appointments to the above positions are subject to the receipt of both a satisfactory Working With Children Check and Western Australian Police Clearance.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend